- Approximately 100 investment professionals across 10 markets in Asia - Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines
- We offer a wide range of regional and single country strategies to institutional investors in Asia and globally.
- In addition, we offer a wide range of onshore equity and fixed income funds in 10 local markets in Asia.
Our operations in Asia
Ability to harness outperformance potential of domestic investment management
We believe that domestic managers in emerging markets have the potential to generate superior returns with less volatility than managers based offshore. We believe that many of these markets are under-researched and our local, onshore teams have the advantage of being on the ground, researching and managing investments in these markets day-to-day, helping to turn this local market intelligence into outperformance potential.
Interconnected teams feeding local investment expertise into regional and global strategies
Our local teams in each location in Asia are interconnected and form part of our global network of investment professionals, spanning 16 countries worldwide. This means that they share the best investment ideas from 10 markets across Asia and that our regional and global strategies benefit from the real time information, market and policy insight and investment know-how that only this local presence can provide.
Recent business highlights in Asia
- PT Manulife Asset Management Indonesia established in Jakarta
- Asset management office established in Japan
- Investment office in Hong Kong established
- Manulife Asset Management Vietnam office opens
- Manulife Asset Management Thailand office opens
- Manulife Asset Management offices in Malaysia and Singapore open
- Acquisition creates Manulife Asset Management (Taiwan)
- Launches first I-share class strategy
- Launches flagship Asia fixed income strategy
- Joint venture acquisition creates Manulife TEDA Fund Management Co. Ltd in Beijing, China
- Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) funds launched
- Rebrands globally from MFC Global Investment Management to Manulife Asset Management
- Announces successful completion of QFII quota