About Manulife Asset Management

Manulife Asset Management is the global asset management arm of Manulife. We provide comprehensive asset management solutions for pension plans, foundations, endowments, financial institutions and other institutional investors worldwide, as well as for Manulife and John Hancock’s wealth management and retirement products. 

We have operations in 16 countries and territories, including more than 4751 investment professionals across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and the Philippines. In addition, we have a joint venture asset management business in China, Manulife TEDA, and operations in Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil.

Our investment expertise extends across a broad range of asset classes including equity, fixed income and private investments, as well as asset allocation strategies. Assets under management are approximately US$393 billion2.

About Manulife Asset Management in China

Manulife TEDA Fund Management Company

Manulife Asset Management benefits from the on-the-ground market expertise of equity professionals at its joint venture asset management partner in Beijing, Manulife TEDA Fund Management Company. Manulife-TEDA was established in 2002 as a Chinese-foreign joint venture asset management with a 51% share owned by Tianjin TEDA and the remaining 49% owned by Manulife.  Today, Manulife-TEDA has 170 employees, serving over 1 million clients across China. The company manages more than RMB 76 billion (approx US$11 billion) in assets in mutual funds, discretionary portfolios, Qualified Domestic Institutional Investor and Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor-advised portfolios. Manulife-TEDA funds are available to institutional and retail investors in China via commercial banks, securities firms and third party agencies as well as via 3 institutional sales offices. More details

Manulife Investment (Shanghai) Limited Company

Manulife Investment (Shanghai) Limited Company was awarded the investment company Wholly Foreign-Owned Enterprise (WFOE) license in March 2017. The decision will position us to better serve investors in China with our comprehensive capabilities and solutions. Manulife Investment (Shanghai) Limited Company is a limited liability company, wholly owned by Manulife. It is one of the pioneers receiving the investment company WFOE license.
Manulife Asset Management data as of September 30, 2018.
1 Includes Public Markets investment professionals (IP) and Private Markets investment professionals from Hancock Natural Resource Group (HNRG) and Real Estate. Does not include IPs from Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas, Private Equity & Mezzanine, Commercial Mortgage Loans and Private Placement Debt.
2 Information shown represents advised and sub-advised, public and private assets as of September 30, 2018 managed by Manulife Asset Management (Manulife AM) and certain of its affiliates on behalf of Manulife AM, its clients, and the general accounts of the insurance company affiliates of Manulife AM. Manulife AM assets under management include assets of Manulife TEDA Fund Management Company Ltd.'s 49% joint venture ownership structure. The methodologies used to compile the total assets under management are subject to change.